The Catering Sales Manager is responsible for promotion and sales of the Club’s facilities for private events, weddings, business and social meetings, as well as other Member-related activities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Promotes, advertises and markets the Club’s social event facilities and capabilities to all Members, as well as sponsored guests planning eligible non-member events.
- Helps Member clients arrange banquets, luncheons, meetings, weddings, dances and other social events; obtains pertinent information needed for guest planning.
- Provides guest tours and suggestions to sell the Club’s facilities for events.
- Works with the Executive Chef and Clubhouse Manager to determine selling prices, menus and other details for catered events; oversees the development of contracts; assures that pre-planned banquet menu offerings are current and reflect Member interests.
- Suggests and helps plan event menus with the Executive Chef or other culinary personnel.
- Maintains past and potential client files; schedules calls or visits to assess on-going needs of prospective clients for catering services.
- Develops a catering sales plan; reviews financial reports and takes corrective action as appropriate to help ensure that booking goals are achieved.
- Helps guests with parking, entertainment, decorations, audio-visual, floral and any other requirements integral to events.
- Critiques functions to determine future needs and implements necessary changes for increased quality.
- Attends Senior Staff and Food/Beverage meetings to review policies and procedures, future business and to continually develop quality and image of banquet and catering functions.
- Tracks new products and trends in food service and catering applicable to the Club.
- Diagrams room layout, placement of banquet items and related function details.
- Meets with other department heads to plan special Member events, golf tournaments, etc.
- Manages banquet billing and client correspondence.
- Updates weekly function information for all affected staff.
- Maintains Jonas software master calendar.
- Inspects all event setup and banquet rooms to ensure they are properly set and ready for upcoming shifts/events according to operating procedures and/or BEO’s.
- Organizes and creates "Battle plans" for all Club and non-club events to ensure proper delegation of event responsibilities among staff members.
- In conjunction with the Director of Membership & Communications, develops creative ways of promoting club functions in all outlets.
- Performs other assignments and projects as required by the Clubhouse Manager.
Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Miramont Country Club participates in E-Verify