FEMA is seeking talented men and women who are eager to assist disaster survivors on an on-call basis as Reservist employees. In this role, you will travel , receive training , build your professional network and support those in need . Are you or someone you know looking for a rewarding on-call work opportunity to assist disaster survivors?
Reservists work on an intermittent basis, supporting survivors of all-hazard incidents. They are the main FEMA workforce during an emergency or disaster, that assists the agency in accomplishing its mission.
The Environment Historic Preservation (EHP) cadre provides technical expertise and develops tools to address and resolve anticipated environmental and/or historic preservation issues relating to compliance review and approval process for proposed actions to be funded by FEMA during emergency and recovery operations.
Additional responsibilities may include but not limited to:
- Review and implement Executive Orders, environmental and historic preservation laws, and guidelines for FEMA funded activities.
- Perform or oversees program administration work, such as technical project monitoring and evaluations.
- Analyze or review a wide range of environmental and floodplain, scientific, technical, management, engineering, socio-economic, and legal issues.
- Serve as project or technical manager for FEMA task orders and Interagency Agreements addressing environmental/historic preservation compliance issues.
- Develop and maintains liaison with State, Tribal, and Federal resource agencies, and private sector organizations, in order to coordinate compliance issues, disseminate technical information and maintain knowledge of government-wide programs associated with historic preservation laws.
The EHP cadre maintains positions that require various levels of experience and skills. The cadre is currently accepting resumes for the following positions:
- Environmental Compliance Review Specialist
- Environmental Specialists
- Historic Preservation Specialists
- Environmental Floodplain Specialist