FEMA is seeking talented men and women who are eager to assist disaster survivors on an on-call basis as Reservist employees. In this role, you will travel , receive training , build your professional network and support those in need . Are you or someone you know looking for a rewarding on-call work opportunity to assist disaster survivors?
Reservists work on an intermittent basis, supporting survivors of all-hazard incidents. They are the main FEMA workforce during an emergency or disaster, that assists the agency in accomplishing its mission.
The Disaster Emergency Communications (DEC) cadre supports FEMA’s vision of a ready workforce that is adequately staffed, available, trained, qualified, and equipped to meet the Agency’s communication requirements in support of disaster operations. The cadre thrives by being informed and prepared to successfully respond to any disaster, by acquiring hands-on experience, and applicable training and professional development opportunities.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Deploying, installing, operating, maintaining, and protecting telecommunications and operational equipment in response to disasters and in support of planned special events.
- Facilitating interoperable communications to ensure disaster emergency coordination and collaboration among Federal, State, Tribal, Territorial, and local governments, as well as the private sector and non-governmental organizations.
- Aiding in evaluating post-disaster communications needs.
The DEC cadre maintains positions that require various levels of experience and skills. The cadre is currently accepting resumes for the following positions:
DEC Group Supervisor In this leadership role, the DEC Group Supervisor oversees the actions of the DEC Group in support of the Operations Section within an Interim Operating Facility or Joint Field Office.
- DEC Mobile Communications Office Vehicle Operator - Employees in this role provide subject matter expertise in operation, set-up and support of Mobile Communications Operations Vehicle procedures.
- DEC Mobile Communications Office Vehicle Manager A Reservist employee in this role provides subject matter expertise in tactical communications systems, Information Technology, and logistical support to Fleet Mobile Communications Operations Vehicles.