All positions require outstanding guest service skills.
Housekeeping has a lot of moving parts to its daily operations and is one of the few departments that cover the entire Hotel. The Housekeeping Director must be able to manage all the moving parts including communicating with a very diverse staff.
Magnolia’s desired qualifications for the Housekeeping Director include:
- Extensive Housekeeping Management experience in an upscale hotel/resort property of 140 rooms minimum.
- Applied knowledge of comprehensive Housekeeping and Laundry operations and procedures.
- Applied knowledge of linen and terry components such as thread counts, weight, contents, laundering methods, etc.
- Effective written and oral communication skills. Applied knowledge in creating work schedules, inventory supplies and cost supplies.
- Experience in negotiating purchase contracts. Leadership ability to direct, supervise and maintain high morale among staff.
- Experience in training entry level employees.
Proof of work eligibility required upon hire date.
Magnolia Houston performs criminal background checks and is a drug free workplace.