To help people achieve their full potential through the dignity and power of work. The sale of donated and new goods at Goodwill stores enables the agency to offer a variety of employment and training services, promote self-sufficiency, and contribute to community conservation through repurposing, reusing, and recycling.
The Pricer is responsible for conducting product research and setting prices appropriate with current standards as it relates to product quality and authenticity to best maximize donor value. Responsible for ensuring the efficient and cost-effective operation and stewardship of the Goodwill store to maximize profitability and increase training opportunities. Responsible for performing assigned duties within the framework our Mission, Vision, Values, Team Member Handbook, Guiding Principles, SOP, Reference Guides, and GoodwillU Houston.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research merchandise value using the current pricing guide and/or the internet and price merchandise accordingly.
- Keep abreast of industry trends, merchandise knowledge and competitive pricing.
- Responsible for maximizing the donor’s value when determining pricing
- Price soft and hard goods according to specified quality standards
- Perform cashiering functions as needed in accordance with PCI Compliance Standards.
- When operating the POS systems, the Pricer is responsible for obtaining payment for merchandise by accurately itemizing and totaling customer purchases.
- Receive and record donations from the public as needed.
- Perform necessary janitorial work as assigned.
- Ability to multi-task, make quick decisions and work in a team oriented, fast paced environment.
- Must have punctual and dependable attendance.
- Conduct self in safe manner; keep processing area neat, clean and maintain good housekeeping standards to have aisleways and fire exits clear and report all work injuries immediately.
- Adherence to all Goodwill policies and procedures.
- May provide some oversight to our volunteer groups on an as needed basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the store management team.