Intelligent Transportation System Tech
Performs electronic equipment maintenance functions in the following areas:
- Radio Communication System
- Non- Revenue Vehicle Mobile Radio Equipment
- Bus radios
- Bus electronic control systems
- Bus Destination signs
- Mobile Access Routers
- Bus IVOMS
- Mobile Access Routers
- Bus Camera Systems
- Maintains Radio Communication system and IVOMS awareness and assists in troubleshooting and diagnosis of system infrastructure.
- Performs general and preventive maintenance or extensive repair of all radio electronic equipment assigned to all revenue and non-revenue vehicles.
- Performs general and preventive maintenance or extensive repair of all IVOMS equipment assigned to all revenue and non-revenue vehicles.
- Performs bench repair on radio electronic equipment.
- Performs bench repair on IVOMS components.
- Performs general and preventive maintenance of bus destination signs.
- Serves as technical advisor to the facility superintendent/foreman on bus electrical and electronic systems.
- Observes and adheres to all policies and guidelines of the Electronic Maintenance, METRO, and Federal Communications Commission.
- Inspects the installation of electronic equipment to include radio, IVOMS, destination signs and supporting connection equipment by vendors.
- Verifies reported defects and corrects/clears defects using logical troubleshooting methods. Reports poor workmanship.
Maintains computer records and completes all paper work documentation required for completing non-warranty or warranty work history on assigned vehicle. Prepares and submits reports to the EM Foreman as required.
- Assist with the training of new technicians as requested by management.
- Ensures the security of all equipment, keys, and vehicles while on duty. Keeps service vehicles in clean, safe operating order
- Promotes safety awareness and follows safety procedures in an effort to reduce or eliminate accidents.
- Performs other duties assigned.
Benefits of Working at Metro
– Retirement Plan and Savings Plan
– Competitive Pay
– Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
– Life Insurance
– Education Assistance (Non-Union)
– Paid Vacation, Sick Days and Holidays
– Employee Assistance Program
– Wellness Program
– Advancement Opportunities
– Free Transportation for Employees and Spouses
– Bilingual Incentive Pay for Bus Operators
Apply online at RideMETRO.org
Or call 713.739.4953 for additional information
5700 Eastex Freeway
Houston, TX 77026
METRO is an Equal Opportunity Employer