As a JV Driver employee, our company’s values must be evident in all daily activities. Employees are expected to think outside of the box to facilitate innovation, which contributes to the success of JV Driver. JV Drivers’ employees are motivated to “Build Great Things”. This includes building great projects and taking initiative to develop your career by participating in training and development opportunities.
JV Driver values their people and their people’s safety. Employees help lead the safety culture. “Having Fun” is essential for creating a working atmosphere that fosters teamwork. Employees at JV Driver are the foundation of a strong team.
The Safety Coordinator reports to and takes direction from the Safety Supervisor. The primary responsibility of the Safety Coordinator is to provide support to all workers and supervisors with the administration and compliance of the safety program.
- Participates in professional development and mentorship opportunities
- Comprehends the importance of team work to achieve common goals
- Completes assigned tasks on time and consistently achieves results
- Promotes a proactive safety strategy by providing advice and direction to workers regarding all aspects of safety including the hazard assessment system and ensuring compliance
- Performs Site Safety orientation for new hires on all projects
- Conducts lunch and learn sessions for front line supervisors and prepares materials for tool box meetings
- Responds to requests from workers or supervisors for information on occupational health and safety issues
- Looks for other opportunities to maintain a strong, positive health and safety presence including participation in the development and implementation of safety award events, HS&E educational campaigns, etc.
- Participates in field inspections, reinforces interventions and ensures unsafe acts or conditions are identified and corrected
- Works with operations to manage change were applicable
- Coordinates emergency drills as required and conducts surveys and monitors programs to identify sources of any air or building contaminants
- Participates in all investigations as directed by the safety manger and provides detailed incident data and reports
- Maintains detailed accurate records of all safety related matters, analyzes trends and recommends actions to improve safety experience and reduce accidents/incidents
- Assist supervisors in completing supervisor hazard assessments, hazardous work permits and other permits as described in the procedural letters
The primary role of the Safety Coordinator is to maintain a strong field presence and support the day-to-day activities of the field crews. Refer to Section 2.9.1 of the JV Driver Health & Safety Manual for a description of responsibilities.