Responsible for maintaining and repairing commercial trucks. Perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federallaws. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Read job order and observes and listens to truck in operation to determine malfunction and to plan work procedures
- Install new ignition systems, aligns front wheels, changes or recharges batteries, and replaces transmissions and other parts.
- Overhaul diesel engines using mechanics hand tools, welding equipment, standard charts and hoists.
- Examine protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices on trucks and makes adjustments using hand tools.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.