- High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of two (2) years general work experience to include driving experience and customer service experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years continuous employment in a direct public contact position is preferred.
- Must be a minimum of 19 years of age.
- Must have been a licensed driver for at least two (2) years.
- A valid Texas Driver's license is required for the job and must meet METRO's requirements regarding motor vehicle records.
- No criminal convictions or DWI, DUI, assault or possession of controlled substances.
- Must be able to complete and pass pre-employment performance evaluation.
- Department of Transportation (DOT) physical, drug and alcohol screen and background investigation.
- The ability to determine the location of any address and arrive on time by use of a key map or the electronic mobile data terminal.
- Must be sensitive to passengers' needs and must be able to handle patron complaints, rudeness and problems as required.
The Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County, Texas has a zero tolerance drug and alcohol policy for all employees. All internal and external applicants will be required to undergo drug testing before employment and will be subject to further drug and/or alcohol testing throughout their employment.
Further, employees who perform safety-sensitive functions will submit to drug and/or alcohol testing in accordance to the Department of Transportation (DOT) and the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) regulatory requirements.
We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, genetic information or disability.