- High school or equivalent.
- Associates Degree in Electronic Technology.
- Minimum two (2) years experience in the maintenance and, servicing of transit and/or bank revenue collection and processing equipment or general maintenance and repair.
- Valid Texas Driver License required.
- Requires working knowledge of the methods, materials, lubricants, tools and equipment used in servicing and maintaining transit revenue collection equipment.
- Able to read electrical schematics and diagnose using electronic testing procedures.
- Good communication (written/oral skills required).
- Able to complete/fill-out written reports, records, and forms.
- Able to obtain or maintain additional licensing certifications as required.
The Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County, Texas has a zero tolerance drug and alcohol policy for all employees. All internal and external applicants will be required to undergo drug testing before employment and will be subject to further drug and/or alcohol testing throughout their employment.
Further, employees who perform safety-sensitive functions will submit to drug and/or alcohol testing in accordance to the Department of Transportation (DOT) and the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) regulatory requirements.
We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion,age,sex,national origin,veteran status,genetic information or disability.