Marathon Oil Corporation (Company) Internal Audit group is looking for an internal auditor. This group is responsible for performing operational audits, regulatory compliance reviews, anti-corruption compliance audits and vendor audits. The candidate must be knowledgeable of audit standards (i.e., International Professional Practices Framework) and experienced in assessing processes and controls, as well as providing timely completion and reporting of assigned audit work.
Audits generally cover areas of significant risk or complexity. The auditor has the potential to be exposed to all components of the Company and its management. The auditor gains an understanding of the operations, assesses the internal controls and performs tests to ensure the controls are working as intended. The auditor meets with the auditees to discuss concerns and works with the auditees in developing corrective action plans to improve controls. Auditors can work individually or in teams and will lead audits, as well as serve in a staff position on audit teams. Continuing education is emphasized and selected training is provided to supplement individual professional development. The ideal candidate must be proactive and engaging with an ability to work independently in completion of audits and issuing of audit reports.
- Ability to assess an organization and identify risk areas and controls intended to mitigate those risks.
- Planning and executing audit assignments, including development of audit procedures to verify that controls are effective and, if warranted, works with auditees to identify solutions to control deficiencies.
- Communicates audit progress and any issues to auditees throughout the engagement. The auditor is expected to effectively conduct entrance and exit meetings, communicate findings throughout the engagement, obtain auditee concurrence and responses to corrective actions, and prepare audit reports.
- Develops and maintains professional skillsets necessary to proactively perform within audit standards and methodologies and to appropriately interact with auditees and peers.
- Works effectively in a team environment.
- Takes an active role in the Internal Audit Organization’s effort to promote internal controls and controls awareness throughout the Company.
- Use, and actively promote the use of, data analytics.
- The position requires domestic and international travel approximately 5-10% of the time.