Skills and Abilities
The employee should hold the following abilities:
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English, bi-lingual Spanish desired
- Must be able to understand verbal and written instructions
- Must possess strong communication and organizational skills
- Must have accountability and ownership for actions
- Must have good attention to detail
- Must have the ability to multi-task
- Must work well in a team environment
- Must be self-motivated to work independently and meet targets
- Must have to ability to do basic mathematical calculations
Computer and Software Competencies
The employee must be able to:
- Operate a computer
- Operate Outlook
Education and/or Experience
The employee should have the following:
- Must be 18 years or older
- Minimum high school diploma or state approved GED equivalent
- Must be a US citizen or have the right to work in the US
- Must be tobacco, drug and alcohol free
- Must be able to learn the responsibilities of the position
Additional Required Training
- Manufacturing experience a plus
- Able to interact cooperatively with hourly and salary employees at all levels of the organization
- All annual safety and role specific training, as required by the nature of this position
It is a requirement to be a U.S. citizen OR have valid proof of authorization to work in the United States
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
Frequently, while performing the inspection and salvaging task the worker is required to unilaterally or bilaterally lift individual blocks/bricks weighing between 1 and 22 pounds.
Occasionally, the worker is required to bilaterally lift packages weighing a maximum of 60 pounds from the packaging conveyor. Packages are removed from the conveyors when blocks are found damaged or otherwise inappropriately packaged or labeled. When palletized ware is set-off the worker will frequently lift individual blocks weighing between 1 to 22 pounds. Occasionally, the worker is required to lift individual blocks, weighing 1 to 22 pounds, while clearing jam-ups or removing blocks from the finishing conveyor.
When performing the inspection duties the GCO will execute motions that are repetitive. The worker may either tilt the brick on its side to examine the underneath side for defects. Bilaterally simple grasping is performed to complete all GCO duties efficiently and safely. Occasionally, a unilateral and bilateral push/pull is performed as described above.
Training Provided: Owens Corning Corporation provides On-the-job training to all new employees.
Equipment/Work Aids: Bump cap/or hard hat, Conveyors, gang slitters, horizontal facer, edger’s, slicing saw, auto-packers, shrink wrap machine (PFM), halving saw, band saws, forklift, hoppers, broom, shovel, computer panel views, hand truck, protective gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection, long sleeve shirt (optional), safety goggles (optional), and steel/composite toed shoes meet ASTM F2413-05 required.