Responsible for using automated equipment to cut down foamed glass blocks into grill cleaner bricks, package the bricks, and inspect the bricks and the packaging for defects.
Essential Job Functions
- Set up, adjust, make minor repairs, and operate; gang slitters, brick shrink wrapper (PFM), and the case packer to maintain specifications while gaining maximum board footage.
- Inform Plant Supervision when equipment is malfunctioning and request aid as required from maintenance personnel.
- Maintain good housekeeping conditions in working area and observe safety regulations and practices.
- Transfer palletized cartons to the correct lane in the finished goods warehouse by forklift.
- Ensure that the packaging material is correct for the particular factory order that is produced.
- Ensure that sufficient amounts of cardboard pads, boxes, and shrink film are maintained in the shrink wrap machines and labelers.
- Occasionally, the worker is required to remove unfinished or finished ware from various conveyors, due to equipment failures or scheduled maintenance. Typically, upon the completion of the scheduled or unscheduled maintenance the worker will be required to place the finished or unfinished ware back on conveyors to be finished and/or packed.
- Dispose of defective or unsalvageable material by feeding it into scrap crushers for recycling.
- Utilizes forklift to discard hoppers of non-recyclable material, relocate or stock pallets of material, and to transfer warehoused material to the finishing and packing area for use.
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the primary responsibilities of the GCO function. The essential job function statements shall not be construed as the detailed description of all the work requirements inherent to this job classification.
Medical/Dental & Vision
401k with 6% company match
HSA up to $600
1 week vacation