Experienced Licensed Journeyman Plumber
Plumbing, Skilled & Trades
Responsible for the inspection, repair and instrallation of plumbing equipment for PISD.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Performs repairs of plumbing equipment
- Installs and repairs plumbing systems
- Installs and repairs gas piping and connections
- Performs troubleshooting procedures and repairs on gas operated equipment
- Removes blockages from sanitary sewer lines
- Repairs and/or replaces lift pumps, booster pumps and submersibles
- Must be able to eprform necessary paperwork to process work orders
- Must have working knowldege of computer systems in regards to email and time entry
- Must be willing to become a licensed asbestos worker
- Participates in the preparation of cost estimates, material orders and records maintenance
- Performs other duties as directed
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Have a valid Texas Driver's License and meet and maintain insurance requirements of PISD
- Must maintain requirements for Texas State Journeyman Plumbing License.
- Must pass drug test and physical and be part of a random drug program.
- Must pass criminal history check
- Knowledge and developed skills in all phases of plumbing installation and repair
- Ability to read blueprints and interpret diagrams
- Skilled in the maintenance and use of the tools, equipment and materials of the trade
- A minimum of at least 5 years plumbing experience preferred
- Must be a licensed Journeyman plumber
- Must be willing to acquire backflow testing license