Job Number: 00417-74585
The Care Assure Nurse Navigator is responsible for the programs and resources that support the navigation of patients through complex healthcare environments for the optimization of care and outcomes.
S/he facilitates patient follow-up through coaching, information transfer, and communication in order to improve continuity of care, enhance the medical management of complex disease, and streamline the intervention process.
The incumbent guides patients through the health care system by assisting with access issues, developing relationships with service providers, and tracking interventions and outcomes. Serves as a point of contact for referring physicians, patients and caregivers to provide resources and assistance with accessing clinical and supportive care services.
- Reviews patient case lists generated by technology-enabled data triggers to identify patients that could benefit from intervention, while tracking outcomes of referrals and treatments and maintaining detailed records that measure effectiveness of the program.
- Reviews clinical progress of patients and coordinates communications to referring, consulting, and primary care physicians, notifying an MD if there is a clinically abnormal finding.
- Evaluates and provides input regarding the utilization of resources to meet the needs of the target population.
- Plan and delivers weekly status updates.
- Maintains and role models a leadership/customer service role in interacting with colleagues, physicians, guests, patients, and vendors.