Position requires a B.S. in Engineering or Construction Management from an accredited College/University, or demonstrated understanding of construction planning and execution methods. Position incumbent requires written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, and the ability to get along well with people, and basic personal computer skills, including working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets and database software.
Other requirements are: to be comfortable working in a chemical plant environment; solid understanding of chemical process industry; advanced understanding of environmental and safety issues associated with the chemical process industry; advanced knowledge of project related design and construction field, including safety planning, quality assurance, cost control, rigging, planning, scheduling, and installation of process components including vessels, piping, instrument/electrical, civil/structural, and environmental; ability to manage and control concurrent tasks/activities and projects; experience working with engineering contractors/consultants through all phases of a project; and basic knowledge and understanding of chemical process industry and Arkema’s strategic position in business.
Other requirements are:
- 15 or more years of project engineering/management experience
- Ability to prioritize and delegate construction activities
- Ability to work with and influence resources external to Arkema
- Strong, competent negotiating skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills/abilities
- Highly exceptional record of delivering results on large and/or complex projects
- A highly networked individual, with recognition and contacts including experts in other
- companies, consultants, or professional societies.