Occpational Safety Lead Job
Management, Energy, Skilled & Trades
Req Id 23601
Arkema Inc. is actively recruiting for a Occupational Safety Lead. The Occupational Safety Lead will be part of the Industrial Safety Group reporting to the Director, Industrial Safety.
- Lead and/or participate in health and safety activities such as incident investigations, PSM/RMP, AIMS, health and safety, toller and other technical audits/reviews throughout the company including international sites as needed.
- Provide oversight, consultation and support regarding safety programs, processes, action plans, best practices, and legal/internal requirements
- Conduct occupational risk assessments such as Task Hazard Assessments, Ergonomic Assessments, etc. as needed to prevent workplace injuries and illnesses and to improve workplace conditions and practices.
- Manage health and safety projects small to large, local to global – concept to execution
- Drive continuous improvement by optimizing processes, automating data gathering, reporting, and analysis.
- Create effective training materials and deliver training to the plants on HES and AIMS topic areas
- Build tools for plants on HES regulatory and AIMS topic areas
- Analyze trends and root causes from incidents within Arkema regionally and globally
- Recommend measures on improving the AIMS program as well as plant safety and compliance with legal/internal requirements
- Verify the appropriateness and effectiveness of action plans associated with audit findings and incidents
- Develop, implement and maintain health and safety programs/processes/procedures as well as AIMS procedures and standards
- Close follow-up of assigned sites regarding Safety program and support as point of contact for the Industrial Safety Group
- Provide field safety support as needed
- Ongoing communications relating to health and safety systems and processes
- Assist in migration to Arkema processes and systems for acquisitions and/or new locations
- Participate as a 2 call phone holder (on call)
- At least 5 years of experience in chemical or related industries
- Knowledge of chemical manufacturing operations and relevant federal and state regulations including OSHA H&S and PSM.
- Ability to quickly identify, evaluate and understand complex technical, regulatory and organizational issues and to develop appropriate and cost effective solutions.
- Strong computer skills in the use of HES applications and the Microsoft Office suite.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Technical experience with safety and health management processes and program components
- Bachelor degree in occupational safety, engineering or related fields is required.
- Certified Safety Professional designation preferred.
2231 Haden Rd