Arkema is seeking a Maintenance Mechanic to support the Beaumont, Texas facility. In this role, the Maintenance Mechanic will be responsible for maintaining manufacturing equipment at required optimum levels. This will consist of replacing parts, repairing equipment, troubleshooting and preventive maintenance . The incumbent would work in partnership with other departments to safely maximize reliability of the equipment and minimize production time.
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain all plant equipment such as valves, pumps, fans, compressors and other rotating equipment according to oral and written instructions.
- Data tracking and entry in SAP generating work orders.
- Perform PM work on plant equipment to insure plant reliability.
- Assist with implementation and improvement of effective preventive maintenance programs for all equipment, performing scheduled maintentance on facilities and production equipment as required.
- Disassemble, troubleshoot and repair of plant equipment. (i.e. Compressors & Pumps).
- Pipe fabrication and replacement.
- Safety and Equipment Inspections.
- Perform routine maintenance duties and support the maintenance improvement efforts at the Beaumont Plant.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills and ability to learn and maintain computer skills to support Arkema's programs.
- Works as a team directly with the Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor and Planners, Maintenance Superintendent, Maintenance Engineering and I/E Technicians and Storekeepers.
- Works in partnership with other departments such as Production Operators, Safety, Environmental, Engineering, Inspection, Purchasing, Quality and Shipping.
- This requires the ability to periodically work on weekends and on-call as we are a 24/7 facility.
Arkema Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Arkema Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.