This is an entry-level position
The Piping Designer/Drafter will be responsible for preparing
layout and design of complex offshore/onshore piping design systems
using 2D drafting and 3D modeling software.
• Perform and uphold quality of design deliverables
• Possess the willingness and the ability to self-manage workload and the workload of a small design team (i.e. typically less than five designers)
• Ability to read and comprehend Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID’s).
• Ability to take a 2D flowsheet and conceptualize a 3D model that reflect the process design.
• Prepare layout and design of complex facility piping systems utilizing prescribed 2D and 3D software
• Producing quality piping design layouts, layouts of various process skids, orientation of process equipment with nozzle locations, overall facility design and design of interconnecting piping
• Generating piping isometric drawings and bills of material using the prescribed software.
• Generating piping line list and tie-in list when required
• Participate in or travel solo to site and vendor visits as required
• Assist engineers and designers in resolving piping and facility design issues
• Other various project responsibilities as required
This job description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty required of the position given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of management to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The listing of duties and responsibilities shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of similar kind or level of difficulty.
EDG Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to a drug free workplace.
Applicants are subject to both pre-employment hair and urine drug screens.
Post-hire, employees are subject to random, periodic, post-accident, and reasonable suspicion drug testing which may include both hair and urine drug screens. In addition to the requirements of EDG’s drug free workplace program, employees may be required to sign, acknowledge and comply with drug free workplace policies or programs required by clients.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.