- The candidate must have a BS or MS (preferred) degree in Electrical or Electronics engineering.
- The candidate must be a registered professional engineer or be able to apply for and obtain registration within 12 months of employment.
- The candidate must have minimum 10 years demonstrated experience designing and implementing electrical power generation and distribution systems for the offshore oil and gas industry, onshore gas processing, hydrocarbon storage and transportation, chemical manufacturing, or refining.
- Demonstrated experience working within project centered multi-discipline teams
- Demonstrated experience preparing project cost estimates.
- Demonstrated experience preparing specifications for procurement, construction, testing and commissioning of electrical generation, distribution, rotating, communication and control equipment such as generator sets, variable frequency drives, low voltage and medium voltage motor control systems and switchgear, and integrated motor control center buildings, distributed control systems, PLC panels, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of appropriate portions of ANSI/NEMA/NFPA/API/UL/IEEE codes and standards
- Demonstrated knowledge of IEC standards and practices
- Demonstrated experience leading factory acceptance testing of package equipment.
- Demonstrated experience providing engineering support to construction, testing, commissioning and startup of electrical facilities.
- Must be able to lift and carry 20 pounds;
- Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits employee to communicate effectively;
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Sufficient vision or other powers of observation, with or without reasonable accommodations, which permits employee to conduct analysis and investigations;
- Sufficient manual dexterity with or without reasonable accommodation, which permit the employee to perform routine office duties;
- Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodations to perform office duties and travel when necessary to off-site locations.
EDG Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to a drug free workplace.
Applicants are subject to both pre-employment hair and urine drug screens.
Post-hire, employees are subject to random, periodic, post-accident, and reasonable suspicion drug testing which may include both hair and urine drug screens. In addition to the requirements of EDG’s drug free workplace program, employees may be required to sign, acknowledge and comply with drug free workplace policies or programs required by clients.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.