If you want to develop your career with the industry leader who gives you the innovative technology you love to work with and empowers you to deliver a service you can be proud of – then this is where you need to be.
Extraordinary Technology Requires Extraordinary Technicians!
Our Distribution business delivers reliable, durable, high performing products for our global partners. You are key to our customers’ success. Working with industry leading technology and diagnostic tools, you’ll deliver solutions that build your knowledge base and fuel your career. This mid-range role is customer-focused and is your starting spot for multiple career paths within our Service business with training on our newest products and updates.
This is an exciting opportunity in Houston, TX for an Engine Workshop Technician. Cummins North America is where you can work on industry leading engine technology such as 40hp to 2500 hp engines or onan gensets.
An Extraordinary Cummins Technician…
- Embraces new technology for diagnostics and data gathering.
- Focuses on a high level of customer service and communications.
- Looks to develop their skill set and product knowledge through classroom, hands-on, and virtual training.
- Mentors and coaches junior technicians.
- Readily adapts to a changing work environment and work assignments.
- Skills and Experience Required:
- Handle complete repair jobs of basic model engines and sub-assemblies. Must be able to complete most normal repair operations in standard repair time allowances.
- Complete required shop paperwork and processes including shop service orders.
- Participate in keeping shop area clean at all times.
- Properly use parts books, service manuals and QuickServe online.
- Successfully complete all required courses from Cummins. Continually improve upon technical ability by home study courses, service and parts topics, and other schools offered by the Company.
- Be familiar with technician's responsibility while working on a job subject to warranty.
- Continue job progression to Level II Technician within 36 months.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Base hourly rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
- Cummins and E-verify
- At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
- Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to work with ground-breaking products and technology? Apply for this opportunity to start your career as an extraordinary Tech with Cummins today.