The Stranding Machine Operator is responsible for setting up, loading and operating the
stranding machine and making necessary adjustments to ensure the quality of the
strand meets required specifications. The Strander Operator is responsible for his/her
own safety and the safety of those around the stranding machine.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Record set-up information at the start of each order.
- Load in full bobbins with the use of appropriate mechanical devices.
- Weld or knot new wire with old wire in the machine from previous order (if
- Thread machine by pulling wire through guides and stranding heads.
- Secure, install and adjust the proper dies, stranding head, post-former and
carboloy rings as required by the order.
- Set the proper lay according to order specifications.
- Twist the new strand together and pick the wires into the proper strand
- Adjust bobbin tension and die pressure at the beginning of the order and as
required throughout the entire order.
- Inspect and replace tensioning devices as needed.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment.
- Perform all job duties in accordance with work instructions and quality standards.
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance.
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
For a full explaination of our benefits visit: http://wirecoresourcecenter.com/