- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 3 years driving experience preferred with clean 3 years driving record.
- Must have a valid CDL class A.
- Must pass a MVR.
- Must pass a drug and alcohol test.
- Must undergo and pass a road test.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
- Good communication skills and ability to communicate and cooperate with the public and department staff at all times.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Ability to multi-task, make quick decisions and work in a team oriented, fast paced environment.
- Must have punctual and dependable attendance.
- Successfully complete job specific checklist within 90 days of employment.
- Assist with the security and safety of company employees and property.
- Free from alcohol and drugs.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- The physical demands/work environment conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical requirements include the ability to twist, bend, squat, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, push and pull. The employee must be able to lift up to 60 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds (common items include, but are not limited to bags of clothes/miscellaneous items, televisions, computers, sofas, kitchen appliances, bicycles and bedroom sets).
- Must possess the ability to get in/out of, drive and sit in heavy-duty trucks for periods of up to one hour. Job requires frequent communication and specific vision abilities are required by this job including close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus Work environment includes regular exposure to outdoor temperatures. Team member may be exposed to dust and odors. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equipment, Machines, and Tools Used:
Tractor-trailer, bobtail trucks, safety belt and gloves, metal clothes racks, pallets, pallet jack, dollie, totes, safety glasses(if needed).