All positions require outstanding guest service skills.
Magnolia’s F&B operations have multiple moving parts in the front and back of the house. Successful F&B management requires experience in how the parts are put together and function to provide seamless productivity. General desired qualification we look for might include:
- F&B department management experience in a Hotel or Resort operation or an upscale dining and/or club operation.
- Banquet/catering experience in functions for up to 200.
- Experience with and knowledge of all F&B front and back of the house positions with the ability to quickly assess service situations.
- Ability to train and evaluate staff in the processes of Food & Beverage operations.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with a broad cross-section of guests, employees and company business clients.
- Knowledge of liquors, wines, wine service, beers, and the selling techniques and ability to pass knowledge on to staff.
- Basic accounting skills for conducting inventories, scheduling staff, cash controls, loss prevention, analyzing monthly P&L statements, pricing menus, food and alcohol.
- Certified in or ability to pass ServeSafe food sanitation course and TIPS/TABC training.
- Experience with computerized POS systems.
Proof of work eligibility required upon hire date.
Magnolia Houston performs criminal background checks and is a drug free workplace.