The Magnolia career experience is a partnership of your talents, skills and personality with our resources, service success and professional standards. The Houston Magnolia Hotel exhibits the beauty of historic preservation furnished with modern styling. We are not a collection of workers in a mass of square footage. We are entrepreneurs in a unique environment of our own creation. We are committed to service to our guests, employees and community. Every employee in the Hotel will touch success. We are diverse in opinion, culture and life experiences. Magnolia Hotels. Pure Hospitality.
Duties & Functions of the Director of Sales
The over-arching objectives of the Director of Sales (DOS) position are manage and coordinate sales and catering bookings, business development and revenue. Other highlighted duties and functions of the DOS position include:
- Create and implement annual marketing plan, selective sell, market mix plan and travel plan.
- Create promotion packages for the local market, national accounts, transient accounts and last minute deals.
- Work with GM and corporate Revenue Management on maximizing rates including active participation in weekly RevMax meetings.
- Sustain a professional working relationship with the Convention Visitors Bureau, Chamber of Commerce, and key corporate client travel offices.
- Conduct regular wrap sessions with sales staff working towards advancing their comprehensive professional sales development.
- Review BEOs, sales contracts and group resumes providing comments, edits, corrections and praise as necessary.
- Celebrate sales success.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.