The Brock Group is a leading provider of industrial specialty services to clients around the world, with headquarters in Houston, TX, and operating units in Canada, the United States and Latin America. The company supports routine maintenance, turnarounds and capital projects by providing services including scaffolding and work access, insulation, fireproofing, and asbestos abatement, as well as additional associated services.
The Brock Group is currently seeking qualified applicants to fill an opening for a Senior Federal Tax Accountant. The position will be based out of our Houston corporate office and will report to the Tax Manager.
Reports to Tax Manager. Frequent and regular interaction with Corporate Accounting group, Consolidations Manager, and staff of various Operations Controllers on income tax accounting and reporting matters.
- Assist in reviewing federal, state income/franchise, international tax returns (currently outsourced)
- Prepare quarterly and year-end tax provision (separate company and consolidated)
- Prepare annual income tax disclosures
- Prepare/update transfer pricing studies for U.S. and cross-border transactions
- Prepare cash tax forecasts for corporate budgeting and forecasting
- Prepare quarterly tax fixed asset schedules from Sage FAS software and tax fixed asset roll-forwards
- Prepare state decoupling adjustments for state tax returns
- Prepare tax account reconciliation schedules
- Assist with federal/state/international income/franchise tax audits
- Conduct tax research, as necessary
- Work on special projects, as necessary