Serves as the primary support to the Executive Vice President Special Projects and Chief Innovation Officer. Provides advanced, diversified and confidential administrative support duties and responsibilities. Performs duties in a safe, efficient manner and in compliance with all applicable rules and safety procedures.
- Manages and prepares routine correspondence, memos, letters, and reports. Prepares presentations and initiates routine and some non-routine correspondence, memoranda, departmental forms, etc.
- Organizes and updates compliance document filing system; and maintains office filings/records system according to METRO's file retention program.
- Assists and participates in the development, revision, proofing and editing of documents.
- Coordinates the planning of activities and manages calendars, and plans/schedules meetings.
- Coordinates follow-through and tracking of multiple projects and provides periodic status reports.
- Coordinates and provides staff support for weekly, monthly and special meetings called by EVP and Chief Innovation Officer to track day to day operations, overall agency performance measures and special projects.
- Coordinates necessary activities with other departments to communicate policies.
- Coordinates the delivery of policy documents through SharePoint system.
Answers and screens telephone calls, assists visitors, and resolves routine and complex inquiries.
- Opens, sorts and routes mail requiring action to appropriate person.
- Schedules and maintains calendar of appointments, meetings, travel itineraries, and coordinates related arrangements.
- Maintains lines of communication and supports the interaction and flow of business between the EVP/Chief Innovative Officer and Executive Office, government, community, industry and other business relationships external to METRO.
- Establishes, monitors, and follows-up on suspense items requiring approval.
- Maintains department's procedures and guidelines.
- Maintains office supply inventory and initiates requisitions for standard and non-standard items.
- Interacts with various levels of management including Board members and provides appropriate support assistance to the Director Board Relations.
- Prepares documents for account expenditures and determines expense allocations.
- Ensures accuracy and proper documentation of staff expense reports.
- Compiles and prepares travel and administrative account reports.
- May provide assistance to President/CEO Office.
- Promotes safety awareness and follows safety procedures in an effort to reduce or eliminate accidents.
- Performs other duties as assigned
The Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County, Texas has a zero tolerance drug and alcohol policy for all employees. All internal and external applicants will be required to undergo drug testing before employment and will be subject to further drug and/or alcohol testing throughout their employment.
Further, employees who perform safety-sensitive functions will submit to drug and/or alcohol testing in accordance to the Department of Transportation (DOT) and the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) regulatory requirements.
We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, genetic information or disability.