Here's your chance to view, apply and be notified of the best positions with the Houston Astros.
If you are interested in working for the Houston Astros, please apply for a job. When a job gets posted, in order to be considered, you must apply online. Please fill out your profile as completely as possible as incomplete records will not be considered.
This position acts as an HR Business Partner with a focus on Learning & Development. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing day-to-day high level, functional HR support to members of the Houston Astros organization with a specific emphasis on employee learning & development. This position requires an extremely perceptive person who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels within the organization while remaining sensitive to corporate needs, employee goodwill and the business needs.
The following statements of duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations. Explains company policies and programs through coaching and counseling.
- Support and manage assigned business units, including the Houston Astros internship program.
- Coordinating, planning, and implementing various protocols that relates to identifying positive outcomes and resolutions to employee issues while leveraging goodwill strategies for the Company.
- Directs the needs assessment for training and staff development to enhance the effectiveness of employee performance in achieving the goals and objectives of the company.
- Holds administrative rights to the Learning Management System.
- Coordinates all required and mandatory training for compliance purposes.
- Designs and develops training tracks for management and employees. Develops and maintains instructional programs.
- Designs and develops means of encouraging staff self-development as well as achieving high completion rates on required training.
- Identifies/incorporates best practices and lessons learned into program plans.
- Reviews and evaluates proposed training courses, objectives, and accomplishments.
- Makes assessments of effectiveness of training in terms of employee accomplishments and performance.
- Conducts needs assessments to determine measures required to enhance employee job performance and overall company performance.
- Participates in development of department goals, objectives and systems.
- Contributes to and works with management on succession planning so that employee skills are developed and employers develop the skills they need to fill any potential staffing gap in the future.
- Actively engages in the continuous improvement of human resource processes/procedures, and current HR programs by reviewing external market best practices/trends.
- Understands applicable governmental regulations and supports compliance requirements.
- Assists in the development and evaluation of HR metrics, while making recommendations to improve organizational effectiveness.
- Assists with the rollout of updated or new HR programs and initiatives across the company.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.