Here's your chance to view, apply and be notified of the best positions with the Houston Astros.
If you are interested in working for the Houston Astros, please apply for a job. When a job gets posted, in order to be considered, you must apply online. Please fill out your profile as completely as possible as incomplete records will not be considered.
The Client Support I primary role is to provide level one technical support for the Astros organization. This includes troubleshooting, deploying workstations, actively resolving end user help requests and escalating incidents when considered appropriate and necessary to maintain SLA expectations. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level.
- Perform hands-on or remote fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Responsible for full cycle systemic onboarding and offboarding processes.
- Prioritize and schedule problems. Escalate problem (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician.
- Record, track and document the service desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Responsible for maintaining asset inventory management.
- Respond to incoming requests via Service Desk system, telephone and e-mail to ensure courteous, timely and effective resolution of end user issues.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- On-call rotation and game day duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Must have mobility to actively and quickly make visits to end user or device locations as required.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools and other computer components.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals up to 50 lbs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.