The Fleet Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for repairing and maintaining transportation equipment to be used safely and efficiently to move product according to schedule.
- Maintain equipment to desired performance levels.
- Complete work orders in a timely manner maintaining high quality standards
- Keep management informed of safety, operator and equipment observations and concerns
- Perform prescribed Preventative Maintenance.
- Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format, and completed with required information. Ensure all required information is documented in accordance with SOP’s.
- Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
- Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
- Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated area. Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Dean Foods Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/Veteran/Disability)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other
category protected under federal, state, or local laws.