This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic Administrative Assistant seeking a high-energy work environment where they can make an immediate impact. The chosen candidate will provide key support in a high growth area of an award winning architectural, engineering and consulting firm in Houston. They will support the construction services division with daily tasks, particularly the Director of the division. This demanding and fast paced position will require a personable candidate highly proficient in all administrative software, particularly Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint. The candidate should have extremely strong inter-personal and organizational skills. The abilities to communicate effectively with a variety of personalities, multi-task, problem solve and adjust from a daily routine are all musts. We are seeking someone with a proactive, forward-thinking approach and a client service and marketing mindset.
• Assist in the maintenance of project deliverables (i.e. construction observation reports, punchlists, specification books, submittals, meeting agendas and minutes, project logs, etc.).
• Understanding and handling general business practices.
• Maintain filing systems to ensure proper and timely handling of correspondence, documents, materials and records.
• Support directors day-to-day activities (phone calls, calendar, timesheets, expense reports, travel).
• Develop understanding and work with business contracts, specifically American Institute of Architects contracts.
• Utilize excellent business writing skills.
• Interface with accounting to request purchase orders and general office expenses.
• Update/maintain marketing materials and project photography.
• Assist with preparation and coordination for all major conferences the division attends.
• Perform other duties and functions as may be assigned by supervisor or manager.
• Provide phone back-up to the front desk.
• Other duties as assigned