MAUSER USA LLC has opportunities for Maintenance Mechanics in its manufacturing plant in Conroe, TX. Mauser is a leading global supplier of industrial packaging solutions, manufacturing a variety of plastic, steel and fiber containers for a diverse customer base spanning industries including oil & gas, food & beverage, pharmaceutical and chemical, amongst others. MAUSER is experiencing significant growth – both organically as well as through acquisition – therefore the opportunities for successful individuals can be significant.
The success of our many production operations hinges on our ability to safely produce quality products, on-time, every time, for our large and diverse customer base. A key component of this mission is our Maintenance department. The talented group of tradesmen we have throughout our production facilities are responsible for ensuring the plant’s sophisticated machinery (i.e. blow molders) and tooling are running properly and efficiently.
Maintenance Mechanics are responsible for performing preventative maintenance on all facility machines as well as repairing any machines to minimize downtime. Mechanics are also challenged with performing efficient changeovers as our production facilities shift to various customer orders and SKUs.
Mauser offers a solid and competitive pay and benefits package and a rewarding place to work.
Main Position Responsibilities:
• Analyzes mechanical and operational problems on assigned equipment and plans for and takes corrective action.
• Makes necessary corrections and running adjustments to maintain maximum production and quality.
• Reviews production schedule and when equipment is not scheduled for manufacturing, changes over equipment to new sizes or performs scheduled maintenance.
• Tests equipment to check operation clears jams and sets aside product for inspection and rework; tries out equipment after repairs, changeovers or extended downtime.
• Examines, tests and measures product from assigned equipment for quality specifications, using gauges and instruments, and records data on appropriate forms; checks product for visual defects.
• Makes preventive maintenance check and inspection of assigned equipment, reports findings to supervisor and takes appropriate action.
• Examines defects and analyzes spoilage causes and, where possible, takes corrective action; analyzes and records cause of production delays on daily production report.
• Notifies maintenance department or supervisors of recurring equipment malfunctions and corrective action taken, and of quality problems or supplies needed.
The MAUSER Group manufactures and supplies plastic, fiber, and steel drums as well as intermediate bulk containers (“IBCs”) for the chemical, industrial and food & beverage industries, among many others. With revenues of $1.5 billion, the company is also the leading provider of reconditioning services for used plastic drums and IBCs of all products. MAUSER’s 4,400 employees operate 98 production facilities across 18 countries in Europe, North America, Latin America, and Asia. The MAUSER Group is globally headquartered in Bruehl, Germany. Mauser North America is the largest business unit of the global organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.