XL Parts is the fastest growing Direct-to-the-Installer parts supplier in the Houston, Dallas/Ft. Worth and Oklahoma City areas. We carry 120,000 different part numbers covering 175 product lines from dozens of Manufactures.
The Facilities and Equipment Manager is eager to lead others or roll up his/her sleeves to get the job done. He/she is the hands-on type with a unique ability to motivate others. The ideal candidate is a natural problem-solver who feeds off of variety and is cool under pressure.
The ideal candidate:
• Is a self-starter
• Possesses a moderate level of technical experience
• Can manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Is sufficiently detailed-oriented to attend to administrative details
• Can effectively negotiate with service providers and product suppliers
Scope of responsibilities encompasses corporate office in Houston, 4 distribution centers, 12 hub store warehouses and 60 local store warehouses - in Houston, Dallas, Oklahoma City and Southern Louisiana.
• Developing and executing preventative maintenance programs
• Managing two general maintenance technicians - one in Houston and one in Dallas
• Managing a network of independent contractors for more technical services, and the related bid process
• Managing the process for location managers to request repairs & maintenance of facilities & equipment
• Managing projects related to store openings, closings and relocations
• Managing other projects, as assigned
• Ensuring the above is accomplished on time and within budget
Occasional heavy lifting of 50 lbs or more may be required. The ability to work in a warehouse environment (Heat, Cold, Dust etc.) will be required. Must be able to climb a ladder and be exposed to heights of 6 ft. or greater.
The Facilities & Equipment Manager position is salary based.
We offer a competitive pay rate and benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance; prescription drug coverage, disability benefits, life insurance, 401k, confidential Employee Assistance program; sick time, holidays and vacation time.