The HR & Payroll Systems Support Specialist is responsible for the development, configuration, and support for all HR and Payroll system applications.
This position will interface with multiple teams including business end users, internal/external application support administrators, application vendors, Payroll, HR, etc. to maintain and support the applications and interfaces.
This position will also act as the primary contact for the business, responding to and resolving issues, handling system enhancements and upgrades, reporting requirements, new system builds due to acquisitions or new business requirements, system table maintenance, cross functional projects, SQR customization, and day to day ongoing support to the Payroll and HR teams.
Essential Job Functions
- Technical point-of-contact for the HR/Payroll Team, and is the functional subject matter expert for HR and payroll systems while ensuring data integrity.
Provide support to HR/Payroll Team, research and resolve HR and payroll system issues, and unexpected results or process flaws.
- Day to day HR/Payroll application support including maintenance, configuration requirements, document processes and results, collaborate with HR/Payroll Teams, create new and/or maintain system tables/interfaces.
- Identify and diagnose system and application errors. Perform system analysis and identify solutions to business and technical problems.
- Responsible for handling system upgrades, patches, and testing to validate functionality.
- New system builds including integration of newly acquired companies, interface design and creation, handling all aspects of employee migration into existing systems, and testing.
- Responsible for security administration and creation of security profiles.
- Responsible for multiple projects or large complex projects with cross functional teams and business processes. Project planning and management.
- Participate in integration of application software packages. Testing and develop test scripts where necessary.
- Write, maintain and support a variety of reports and queries utilizing appropriate reporting tools. Assist in development of standard reports for ongoing business needs.
- Maintain data integrity in systems by running queries and analyzing data.
- Train and develop user procedures, guidelines and documentation. Train users on new processes/functionality. Train new users.