High school diploma or GED required, Associates degree preferred.
An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above may be considered.
One (1) year of specialized technical training in office administrative skills and three or more years of previous administrative support experience involving the recording and dissemination of information, property storage responsibility, and asset management/inventory required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of general clerical/office practices and procedures including basic office workflow procedures;
- Knowledge of data processing methods, information storage and retrieval techniques;
- Knowledge of common practices and procedures of processing and disseminating information and supporting documentation;
- Knowledge of basic record keeping practices;
- Knowledge of proper handling of firearms, drugs, and hazardous materials;
- Knowledge of police department supply and acquisition procedures;
- Knowledge of proper inventory procedures;
- Skill in basic PC based software applications such as Microsoft Word/Excel Knowledge of internet use, email and credit card transactions for ordering; and
- Skill in communication as applied to the interaction with co-workers, supervisors, the general public, and others, sufficient to exchange and/or convey information and to receive work direction.
Per HCC Policy C: 4.7 Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace, a drug and/or alcohol test is required if a conditional job offer is made.