CommTech 4, Network Maintenance
Responsible for performing routine troubleshooting calls, surveys, locates, outage repair, on-call duty, shift work, track/repair CLI, power supply maintenance, and construction maintenance in accordance with Comcast procedures and practices. Will be called upon to troubleshoot and resolve service failures related to any Comcast products, to include but not be limited to Video (analog and digital,) Comcast Digital Voice (CDV,) and Comcast High Speed Data (CHSI) (including Home Networking and Home Plug.)
- Performs routine troubleshooting calls: troubleshoots the plant through the distribution cable to the node in order to restore customer video, CHSI, or CDV as required. Must have the ability climb poles, ladders and operate aerial lifts 18 to 20 feet above ground, as determined by the system's requirements. Must possess the ability to use basic cable test equipment. Performs work near power lines and electricity.
- Surveys the plant in order to ensure service availability to potential customers.
- Performs underground location of existing plant using system prints and cable locating equipment in order to prevent cable damage and service interruption. Must have the ability to read general system layouts from blueprints.
- Responds to and repairs service interruptions during regular business hours, shift work or when "on-call" as required. Normal work shift may include evenings and/or weekends; may include 10 hour days for 4 days a week. Must be available to work overtime including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Performs CLI ride-out and track and repair leakage, as necessary. Works and travels in inclement weather.
- Performs construction maintenance duties such as: splices aerial/underground coaxial cable and equipment to restore cable plant to system specification; splices and activates new coaxial plant as required; repairs and/or replace damaged aerial/underground plant; and inspects, repairs and/or replaces power supplies as necessary. Must have the ability to use basic cable installation tools and hand tools. Must have the ability to comply with safety procedures and requirements. Lifts and carries loads of 70 lbs. or more.
- During the course of normal day-to-day activities: cleans, maintains and stocks vehicle and equipment in order to be prepared for daily responsibilities; completes associated paperwork with each job in a timely manner; properly operate and maintain tools and equipment; reports need for vehicle repair or service when required and/or prescribed; and reports any accidents, losses, injuries or property damage to supervisor and customer when appropriate. Drives company vehicle in a safe and responsible manner.
- Reviews all requested services with the customer in order to ensure understanding and agreement; survey the installation route and review proposed route with the customer in order to obtain agreement on the location of cable outlet(s.) Exposure to dogs and other animals, construction areas, and the public in general as required.