Bachelor’s degree in IT, engineering, computer science, or related discipline.
Type of Experience
- Experience in diagnosing and resolving software and hardware incidents, including operating systems (Windows and Mac).
- Experience in installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of desktop computers, peripheral equipment (memory, hard drives, graphic card).
- Experience in virus detection and recovery processes. Able to identify security risks of user configurations and develop recommendations for mitigation.
- Experience with multiple applications that are deployed and utilized within the client base such as software & e-mail applications.
- Familiar with applications (Google Apps, Office 365, Thunderbird, Adobe Creative Cloud, etc.) used in various departments.
- Basic understanding of Audio/Visual (A/V) equipment. Able to connect mobile devices (laptops, etc.) to A/V gear in conference rooms to support presentations. Ability to troubleshoot basic A/V connectivity issues to mobile devices.
Substitution for Experience Requirement:
May substitute additional related education, beyond what is required, on an equivalent year for year basis in lieu of the experience requirement.
Practical experience as a consultant in a computing environment; experience in an academic computing environment. Linux skills a plus.
Industry certifications such as Windows (MCSE, MCP), Macintosh (ACTC), and CCNA.
- Maintain a first class level of customer service ensuring that all customers are treated efficiently and in an appropriate manner.
- Ability to work independently with limited to no supervision and able to handle unique, and sometimes challenging, situations.
- Maintain excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical colleagues at all levels in the organization.
- Demonstrated experience as a team contributor, self-motivator and problem solver. Able to take ownership of issues by carrying out problem analysis to implement temporary or permanent fixes with the aim of restoring service to the customer as soon as possible; escalating incidents to other support teams where necessary.
Mac and/or Windows Certified Technician.