Responds to telephone calls in a call center environment to provide support to end users on a variety of hardware and software issues. Identifies, researches and resolves varying technical problems of a simple to complex nature. Utilizes an incident management system to document, track and monitor reported problems to ensure a timely resolution. Provides routine on-call support on nights and weekends. Performs duties in a safe, efficient manner and in compliance with all applicable rules and safety procedures.
- Responds to end-user calls and applies troubleshooting principles and techniques to diagnose and resolve various problems from simple to complex.
- Troubleshoots desktop computers and peripherals.
- Documents, tracks and monitors assigned tasks via incident management system.
- Reports recurring technical problems or related problems, which may indicate a pattern that needs to be investigated.
- Contributes to the development of procedures, both internal to the call center, and for end-users.
- Follows up with end-users to ensure problems have been resolved satisfactorily.
- Assists with development of end-user training materials, and performs fundamental training when required.
- Assists Support Center Specialist l in resolving routine and non-routine problems as needed.
- Promotes safety awareness and follows safety procedures in an effort to reduce or eliminate accidents.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County, Texas has a zero tolerance drug and alcohol policy for all employees. All internal and external applicants will be required to undergo drug testing before employment and will be subject to further drug and/or alcohol testing throughout their employment.
Further, employees who perform safety-sensitive functions will submit to drug and/or alcohol testing in accordance to the Department of Transportation (DOT) and the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) regulatory requirements.
We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, genetic information or disability.