Responds to end-user issues and applies best practice troubleshooting principles and techniques to diagnose and resolve a variety of system problems on desktops, laptops, telephones, tablets, printers and other peripheral equipment. Establishes and follows operational standards and provides outstanding customer service to end users. Performs duties in a safe, efficient manner and in compliance with all applicable rules and safety procedures.
- Responds to support calls remotely and in the field to resolve break-fix, set-up, upgrade, transfer, decommission of equipment, desk-side support, move/add/change and asset tracking activities.
- Follows up with end-users to ensure problems are resolved.
- Installs software, patches, upgrades and performs proof-of-concept testing of new applications in coordination with other IT groups and provides end-user training.
- Coordinates with Infrastructure and Applications teams to ensure system changes are compatible with current image installations and production applications.
- Works closely with asset management function to ensure compliance with software licensing.
- Assists with asset receiving, tagging, inventory control, and disposal.
- Develops and maintains a library of equipment images to match equipment in the field.
- Develops and maintains procedures documenting pertinent desktop processes.
- Assists in the research and identification of requested hardware and software to ensure user business needs are met with sustainable technical solutions.
- Maintains third-party vendor relations and contacts for troubleshooting of desktop support issues.
- Utilizes incident management system to clearly document issue resolutions, track and monitor assigned tasks and ensure a timely resolution.
- Handles complex/technical issues and functions as a resource to Support Center Specialists.
- Provides end-user telephone support on a variety of hardware and software issues when necessary during staff shortage periods.
- Promotes safety awareness and follows safety procedures in an effort to reduce or eliminate accidents.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County, Texas has a zero tolerance drug and alcohol policy for all employees. All internal and external applicants will be required to undergo drug testing before employment and will be subject to further drug and/or alcohol testing throughout their employment.
Further, employees who perform safety-sensitive functions will submit to drug and/or alcohol testing in accordance to the Department of Transportation (DOT) and the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) regulatory requirements.
We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, genetic information or disability.