Responsible for developing, designing, modifying, maintaining and managing Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS) portals and capabilities. Performs highly complex system configuration and designs workflow processes. Performs duties in a safe, efficient manner and in compliance with all applicable rules and safety procedures.
- Develops software solutions by studying requirement analysis, data usage, system workflows, work processes, information needs and conferring with stakeholders and IT Management.
- Performs software design using software development fundamentals and processes, to deploy software solutions.
- Designs, develops and maintains key components of the software suite using classic ASP, Microsoft .Net and SharePoint Server.
- Actively participates in design reviews by providing creative and practical ideas and solutions in a team environment.
- Performs complex system design and documentation, including database requirements for database, application and operating system environment for METRO's SharePoint.
- Works closely with application vendors and developers to support, troubleshoots and upgrade METRO's Intranet site.
- Works closely with internal customers to develop applications, interfaces and support and troubleshoot custom developed SharePoint applications and workflows.
- Develops high-quality documentation of scope requirements and objectives in both written and graphical format, for complex systems and processes.
- Leads testing and debugging efforts.
- Generates system and user documentation and trains end-users as needed.
- Prepares and delivers professional, timely, well organized and informative presentations.
The Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County, Texas has a zero tolerance drug and alcohol policy for all employees. All internal and external applicants will be required to undergo drug testing before employment and will be subject to further drug and/or alcohol testing throughout their employment.
Further, employees who perform safety-sensitive functions will submit to drug and/or alcohol testing in accordance to the Department of Transportation (DOT) and the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) regulatory requirements.
We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, genetic information or disability.