Due to our tremendous growth we have an opening for a Senior Principle Process Control Engineer. The position is located in Lake Charles, Louisiana but may require travel to the detail design contractor's office or the main automation contractors' offices in Houston for testing for short periods. Training may also be at an offsite location. The business supported is doubling in size and is a developed operating business. The expansion project is currently in detail design. Some site work is on-going. The current process unit is in operation. During the project phase the assignment will be to support the owner's team in the unit or units they may be assigned. The position will work and interface with the project execution team, design team, main automation contractor, equipment suppliers, operations, commissioning, maintenance and others to meet the project objectives. The position will support the quality checks of the process and safety control design. The position will work with various teams to complete construction and prepare the unit for operation. The position will support start-up and transition to the long term operation of the facility. After start-up the position will transition to long term operating and project support.
- Independently seeks and implements opportunities to improve performance of operating units and/or projects.
- Solve complex operational problems and/or develop complex design solutions in the assigned area.
- Evaluate options, and determine the appropriate course of action required to effectively solve a problem or develop a project.
- Develops project objectives and determines project requirements.
- Knows internal and external resources available and acts to bring in the proper level.
- Knows and obtains appropriate level of management support.
- Sustains or improves profitability by $500M annually.
- Provides good technical direction to project teams and hourly personnel.
- Level of technical expertise allows them to interpret and critique principles and concepts such that their recommendations are accepted in the organization.
- Keeps abreast with technical innovations through participation in professional organizations
- Very knowledgeable in company policies, processes, procedures and practices and knowledge of the project and/or variable cost budgets of the assigned area.
- Can lead interdisciplinary team by developing tasks, assignments, and responsibilities.
- Oversee activities to meet objectives.
Important to Know:
- ?Some travel required
- Background check and drug screen is required
- Benefits included: Health / Dental Insurance, 401(k), Life Insurance, and paid holidays
- We are unable to sponsor, obtain, and/or petition for temporary visa status (for example, E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN) for candidates for this position and/or personnel hired for this position.