Experience, Education & Training:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), and/or 12 months experience
Specialized Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals;
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure;
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form;
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Type Equipment Used:
- Equipment generally used includes but is not limited to overhead cranes, forklifts and hand grinders.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Frequently perform vertical lift and carry of material weighing up to 70 lbs;
- Frequently push and/or pull material using up to 80 lbs of force;
- Frequently grips materials and tools using 10 lbs of force;
- Frequently climb steps up to 24 inches in height;
- Frequently performs repetitive postures such as standing, bending, kneeling, squatting, stooping and crawling;
- Frequently utilizes close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and focus adjustments;
- Frequently required to hear and communicate verbally;
- Frequently exposed to extreme heat, extreme cold, wet and humid conditions;
- Occasionally works with chemicals and electricity;
- Frequently exposed to high noise levels, fumes and airborne particles.