Are you passionate about human space exploration or understanding the origins of the universe, and working with a dynamic and diverse team to make a difference? If you are, we need you!
We need your commitment, teamwork, and energy to help us achieve great things that inspire humans all over the globe. We need you to bring innovative ideas and diverse backgrounds to help us envision, shape, and deliver systems that will benefit the quality of life of people around the world. We are excited about what we do, and we need you on our team as we take on new challenges for NASA’s pursuits in deep space exploration. Jacobs is NASA’s largest engineering solutions provider working alongside NASA at centers across the United States.
We have the unique and significant role to partner with NASA at Johnson Space Center (JSC), to be part of every human spaceflight program – the International Space Station (ISS), NASA’s Orion spacecraft, which will carry astronauts into deep space, and Gateway, the orbiting platform providing the home for astronauts to work and travel back and forth to the moon’s surface, and serving as the platform for deep space exploration. From critical systems on the ISS to enable astronauts to live and work in space; to performing advanced development for systems leading to deep space exploration; to being part of the foundation for Gateway.
We also partner with NASA at JSC, the only NASA center in the United States to curate all astromaterial samples returned from exploration missions, to perform curation services, orbital debris analysis, and basic research to further humankind’s understanding of the origins of our solar system.
We need you to be a part of our team!
We are currently in need of an xEMU Space Suit Development Intern to join our team. Do you have the following skills?
- This is a temporary position not to exceed May 31, 2020.
As an xEMU Space Suit Development Intern you will:
- Support xEMU development activities and gain experience with the function, design, prototyping, and test of space suit components.
- Support design and fabrication of ground support equipment for the xEMU space suit.
- Prepare and update design specifications and other engineering documents for the xEMU space suit.
- Coordinate drafting updates for component drawings.
- Prepare simplified 3D-printed versions of the components for full-system mockups.
- Learn about the functions of xEMU components and how they are planned to be tested.
- Support related assembly and testing activities.
- Perform other duties as required.