At NorthStar Memorial Group, we choose collaboration over bureaucracy. Here, everyone has a chance to lead. We encourage & empower our people at every level to speak up, be heard, and watch their ideas become realities.
Sound too good to be true? Check us out on Glassdoor to see why our employees have voted NSMG one of the best companies to work for 7 years in a row! Click here to view us on Glassdoor
We are seeking a Senior Accountant for our home office in the Galleria area of Houston, TX. This role is responsible for the maintaining of assigned general ledger accounts, including analysis, reconciliation, and process improvements.
- Prepare, review, analyze and reconcile assigned general ledger accounts to ensure accuracy, completeness, compliance with GAAP and conformity with company procedures and reporting standards
- Develop, implement, modify, and document monthly, quarterly and annual accounting tasks and the associated accounting systems, by making use of current computer technology
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations to ensure costs are being reported in the correct accounting period
- Calculate and record various expense allocations
- Responsible for creating, reviewing and posting journal entries
- Responsible for handling non-routine reporting transactions
- Assist with special projects, critical assignments and reports as assigned
- Assist the other accounting team members by providing support in resolving issues
- Meet month end close deadlines
- Assist with the year end audit
- Assist in the accounting integration related to acquisitions
- Respond to requests from upper management and the field
- Establish and maintain communication with other departments and the field operations