Military police (MPs) protect, defend and uphold the rule of law. As the Guard’s security experts, MPs are trained in force protection, anti-terror and crime prevention functions—including many duties that mirror those of civilian officers. In event of disaster, they act alongside local law enforcement and first responders.
Earn While You Learn
Instead of paying to learn these skills, get paid to train. In the Army National Guard, you will learn these valuable job skills while earning a regular paycheck and qualifying for tuition assistance.
Job training requires Basic Training and Advanced Individual Training (AIT).
Part of this time is spent in a classroom and part in the field under simulated combat conditions.
- Paid training
- A monthly paycheck
- Montgomery GI Bill
- Federal and State tuition assistance
- Retirement benefits for part-time service
- Low-cost life insurance (up to $400,000 in coverage)
- 401(k)-type savings plan
- Student Loan Repayment Program (up to $50,000, for existing loans)
- Health care benefits available
- VA home loans
- Bonuses, if applicable
- Most non-prior service candidates will earn between $200 and $250 per drill weekend, subject to change
The skills you learn will help prepare you for a career with federal, state and local law enforcement.