This position is responsible for developing business from new and existing accounts in your designated sales area. You will achieve assigned revenues and performance goals, further develop business relationships through high level account contact and strong ability to close and secure business. This position will be heavily focused on New Orleans / Mobile Regional accounts.
Critical Success Factors includes the following:
- High level understanding of the entire supply chain, specifically intermodal container drayage.
- Able to connect and build lasting relationships with high level customer contacts quickly.
- Able to present potential clients with logistics solutions within complete understanding of Gulf Winds core services.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and customer service skills.
- Team player with ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Critical, time sensitive decision making that impacts contractual agreement
Essential Duties and Responsibilities includes the following. Other duties may be assigned as deemed appropriate by Senior Management.
- Achieve profitable sales growth through assigned KPIs and Weekly Call goals.
- Lead Key Account Teams of assigned accounts through Quarterly Reviews, in person visits, and problem resolution.
- Create positive behavioral differentiation with current and potential customers by practicing and using the GWI Customer Perspective Sales Process.
- Coordinates sales process with customer service representatives and operations staff to ensure customer’s requests are being properly met, and that customers are kept abreast of new developments.
- Determine target account needs by seeking out and studying their import/export process and identifying key supply chain contacts.
- Compose executive summaries based on target account needs.
- Monitor competitive activity and other external factors such as local market trends and governmental policy, which can impact our business.
- Participate in industry organizations and functions as directed.
- Receive and respond to opportunities in a timely manner. Maintain accurate rate records of all inquiries following up same as required.
- Maintains current files/records and customer profiles within Salesforce/ CRM.