Shipping and Receiving Clerk
Assisting the Shipping Coordinator at Shipping or receiving goods using shipping and receiving procedures. Some basic quality inspection may be required. Assisting the stock room clerks.
- Coordinate activities with the other departments in preparing for shipments both nationally and internationally.
- Identify shipping procedures.
- Examine shipping instructions for exactness and conformance to policies and procedures.
- Monitor packing productivity.
- Verifies and keeps records on outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment by performing the duties to quality and productivity standards.
- Determines method and mode of shipment to customer requirements.
- Prepares and expedites shipments: Determines labeling requirements including but not limited to: Assemble and pack product containers, preparing and affixing shipping labels on packed cartons or stencils identifying shipping information for cartons, skids or other storage devices in an accurate manner including any special labels that are customer required. Prepares all shipping documents in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.