Petroleum Service Corporation is looking for an IT Techncial Support Specialist in Pasadena, TX to join our team! The primary focus of the IT Technical Support Specialist will be to develop, implement and maintain the warehouse management system, as well as integrating the system to be used across the warehouse operations. This position will also be responsible for daily support activities to ensure data is available and accessible for our business community. Ideal candidates will have a wide range of skills and experience developing and implementing data warehouse applications.
Job Summary: Responsible for hands on development and oversight of Information Technology systems and personnel, ensuring that our company’s technology is meeting overall business goals and objectives efficiently, safely/securely, and reliably.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop an overall strategy for business and technical applications that can take the company into the future allowing for future growth, ensuring the compatibility of systems and strategy across the entire organization.
- Maintain strategic insights into commercially available IT systems and practices that can streamline our business practices and create a competitive edge.
- Participate in and lead senior management discussions around IT project strategy, including project scoping, project approval, project execution, cost management, and customer relationships related to IT technology.
- Envision the role of IT in the positioning of the business and how IT can best be used to achieve business goals; translate this vision into strategies, goals, and plans for the IT teams.
- Direct and oversee a major implementation of various business systems, including ERP, from Oracle to a new mid-market ERP system.
- Provide direct, hands on support to the implementation of 3rd party / SaaS platforms that are procured and interfaced with our customers’ ERP systems. Examples include warehouse management systems, rail logistics systems, etc.
- Develop and implement means of improving the communication and efficiency between current IT systems deployed throughout PSC. Alternatively, recommend and deploy cost effective alternatives.
- Oversee the maintenance of technology systems to ensure functionality, efficiency and maximize uptime.
- Select and deploy systems that align the IT strategy to PSC business goals and objectives.
- Analyze the needs of different departments and determine ways to meet business objectives by modifying existing or implementing new systems.
- Direct the development and reporting of performance metrics and direct actions to continuously improve managing the business of IT.
- Evaluate external advancements in the IT industry to improve business objectives, reduce operating expenses and maximize revenues.
- Operate as a servant leader to effectively communicate, mentor, coach, and collaborate with the IT team.
- Develop a strong working knowledge of internal and external customers’ businesses.
- Effectively support, train and manage IT staff and drive the continuous improvement of IT, equipment, and procedures. This ensures we maintain pace with technological progress, economic change, and business needs.
- Overseeing departmental finances, including budgeting and forecasting.
- Create an annual IT system plan and budget to expand, replace and update system components and advise management on IT objectives, policies, and actions.
- Ensure a complete security plan is in place which protects the availability, integrity and privacy for business systems and the data stored and communicated. This includes a cybersecurity training program, data protection, etc.
- Ensure compliance with the changing laws and regulations regulating IT, security, and data protection.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. This position regularly requires long hours and occasional weekend work.
Travel: Occasional travel between our offices in Pasadena, TX and Baton Rouge, LA. Additional out-of-state and overnight travel may be expected.
Why join the PSC team?
- Since 1952, Petroleum Service Corporation has had a strong reputation for quality service, safety, environmental protection, and taking care of our employees.
- We are a leader in product handling and site logistics for refineries, chemical producers, and marine transportation providers.
- The work we do makes a huge impact in our nation's economy. Check out our videos at petroleumservice.com/videos to learn more.
- Check out our online newsletter "The Connection" which contains articles about our work groups, recognition events, and achievements of our employees and their family members at petroleumservice.com/newsletters-events/.
- Medical insurance options with the company paying a large portion of the premiums, including affordable dental and vision plans for employees and their families
- Company-paid life, short-term, and long-term disability insurance
- Matching 401(k) plan to help employees save money for retirement
- Vacation, sick leave, and holiday benefits (varies by work group)
- Incentives, discounts, and bonuses
- Industry-leading training and development programs
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company's rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.