Gulf Winds International, Inc. is looking for a Shipping / Receiving clerk whose primary responsibility is to manage the shipping and receiving window in a timely and accurate manner. Coordinate activities in support of GWI customers, office and warehouse staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor shipping and receiving window and check in/out all Gulf Winds and 3rd party drivers
- Retain and file all necessary paperwork
- Assist warehouse logistics coordinators with scanning, uploading, and completing paperwork in system as directed
- Support warehouse personnel and team members as needed by providing any pertinent information or documentation in relation to the duties listed
- Schedule warehouse appointments with carriers as required
- Conduct physical inventories
- Operate a forklift
- Conduct physical inventories as needed
- Prepare bills of lading and maintains documentation of goods shipped
- Maintain inventory of shipping materials and supplies
- Record receipt of incoming loads as they arrive/ ship to and from our warehouse from drivers
- Other duties may be assigned as deemed appropriate by management
Gulf Winds International, Inc. was founded in April 1996. The idea was to develop a full service, third party logistics company that would focus on warehousing, land transportation, distribution and consolidation.
In 1997, the Houston Trucking division opens with 5 trucks and by 1998 Gulf Winds opened its 2nd warehouse facility. By 2012 Gulf Winds opened its 7th warehouse. Today Gulf Winds is operating with over 2.3 million square feet of warehouse space. By any measurement standard, Gulf Winds is a remarkable success story. In just a few years, the company has grown from only four employees with one account to over 500 employees including ILA and contract labor and thousands of accounts with several locations in Houston and Dallas.