Obtains payment for merchandise by accurately itemizing and totaling customer purchases. To ensure the efficient and cost effective operation and stewardship of the Goodwill store to maximize profitability and increase training opportunities.
Under the team leadership of the General Manager of Post Retail, the Outlet Manager is responsible for everything that their assigned store does or fails to do. To ensure the efficient and cost effective operation and stewardship of the Goodwill store to maximize profitability and increase training opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates Goodwill Houston’s Core Values in all actions.
- Ensures adherence to Guiding Principles and CARF standards.
- Demonstrates professionalism at all times and presents a friendly, cooperative attitude to general public and staff at all times.
- Ensure 100% customer delight.
- Responsible for hiring, training, supervising, development and evaluating team members within the framework of Goodwill policies and procedures and job descriptions.
- Reviews and contributes to store budget, operating the store within budgeted expense to revenue ratios.
- Responsible for good stewardship of all donations through proper handling and processing of incoming donation flow in and out of the store in accordance with Agency policies and procedures.
- Scheduling of labor and preparation of time cards/sheets. Responsible for the review and approval of time sheets.
- The Outlet Manager is responsible for transportation and maintenance needs of the store.
- Responsible for the image and security of the store.
- Responsible for ordering and maintaining supplies in a secured manner in accordance with established budget and Agency practices.
- Responsible for good stewardship of donations and all other agency property and supplies.
- Ensure that statistical counts are completed in an accurate and timely manner:
- Complete and analyze the following:
- POS readings, cash reports, daily, monthly and yearly activity reports, transmittal of reports and daily deposits in accordance with policies and procedures, comment cards, work orders, purchase orders, team minutes, petty cash, expense reports.
- Keep abreast of product knowledge, industry trends, and competitive pricing through comparative shopping of competitors (e.g. full or discount retail, consignment, and second-hand thrift).
- Ensures merchandise presentation according to Goodwill guidelines.
- Responsible for making all store decisions within the framework of our Guiding Principles:
- We are committed to providing world-class customer service to all of our customers.
- We are committed to a clean, neat, and organized store. The image of the store reflects Goodwill and the team.
- Customers should be greeted in 10 seconds.
- We are committed to a full store with full inventory.
- Every time we touch a donation, something good should happen to it.
- All donations should be processed within 24 hours.
- If you have a pile, you have a problem.
- Hard goods should be priority processed.
- Material handling equipment is for moving donations, not storage.
- Don’t fall in love with your donations… rotation is critical to success.
- Donor Value should increase.
- Profits should increase.
- Must perform necessary janitorial work.
- Ability to multi-task, make quick decisions and work in a team oriented, fast paced environment.
- Must have punctual and dependable attendance.
- Free from alcohol and drugs.
- Successfully complete job specific checklist within 90 days of employment.
- Attend in-service and related training as assigned by GM of Post Retail.
- May be asked to participate in activities outside of Goodwill.
- This position requires the employee to be able to work independently and to make decisions or provide reliable input on decisions, of significant impact to Goodwill Houston.
- This employee may have significant input with regard to hiring and firing decisions for Goodwill Houston and supervises two or more full time employees.
- Other duties as assigned by General Manager of Post Retail.